Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Artists Toolkit - Character Design Workshop.

We learnt the basics about the different Character Archetypes and how some of them could be seen as your stereotypical Hero, Villain, Side-Kick etc.. And touched on how different shapes are used to portray certain Archetypes. 

Our task was to take the Character we brought in (mine being Tomb Raider) and we had to draw the Character given in the style of our Character. My first Character was Obelix. 


My first attempt was too Cartooney considering my Tomb Raider image is really realistic, but the next time I had the face more in porportion to a human and gave him more natural features.


Afterwards we had to swap Characters and I got, Gru from Despicable Me and I had to turn Tomb Raider into a Character that was was based in Gru's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment