Thursday, 6 March 2014

Fern Cycle Practice.


I sketched out a part of the cycle to work with, to see if my idea would work. I wanted to include both 3D and 2D animation within my work so my idea is to have the cycle drawn and the outside environment to be created in Maya.

Below is the style I'm aiming my cycle on, I really like the idea of how the kids in A Bug's Life drew on the leaf and my character being a snail I thought having leaves as paper was a practical idea. I still need to work out the heads of the Sporangium's, I'm quite liking the whole blank face but with the miserable frown. I took these drawings into Premiere Pro to begin bringing the cycle to life.


This short section of the cycle when I put it into Premiere Pro worked out to be 40 seconds long. Some parts could of be longer/shorter, and I think the text takes it time which is something I'm going to have to think about. To make it shorter and quicker I might have a voice over to solve this, but I like having the words appear as sometimes its easier to read and see the word rather than just hear it. Or I could do both?


Fern Cycle practice from Ruby Newland on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment